If you have a standard euro cylinder lock on your door, you may be at risk of a burglary technique known as lock snapping. Lock snapping is a method of breaking the lock by applying force to the weak point of the cylinder, which is usually exposed on the outside of the door. This can allow the burglar to access the locking mechanism and open the door within seconds.
Lock snapping is not a new threat, but it has become more widespread in recent years due to the popularity of euro cylinder locks in Europe. These locks are standardised and easy to replace, but they also have a cross-sectional design that makes them vulnerable to snapping. According to some sources, lock snapping accounts for up to 33% of burglaries in some areas of the UK.
Fortunately, there is a way to prevent lock snapping and upgrade your door security. You can replace your standard euro cylinder lock with an ABS 3 star diamond rated high security euro cylinder lock. This lock has several features that make it resistant to lock snapping, such as:
- A break-secure design that snaps off at a predetermined point when attacked, leaving the rest of the cylinder intact and the door locked.
- A hardened Molybdenum core and pins that withstand drilling and picking.
- A patented locking cam that prevents the lock from being rotated even if the cylinder is snapped.
- A sacrificial front section that acts as a decoy for burglars and protects the main part of the cylinder.
- Active Snap Protection technology that locks the cam in place if an attack is detected.
ABS Master locks are 3 star diamond rated high security euro cylinder locks which are tested and approved by various standards and organisations, such as:
- SS312 Diamond Standard, which is the highest accreditation for cylinder locks tested by Master Locksmiths and requires them to withstand lock snapping, drilling, picking, bumping and other attacks.
- TS007 3 Star Rating, the highest rating possible.
- Secured by Design, which is a police initiative that awards products that meet high security standards and reduce crime.
- British Standard Kitemark, which is a quality mark that indicates conformity to British and international standards.
By installing an ABS 3 star diamond rated high security euro cylinder lock on your door, you can protect your home from lock snapping and other forms of forced entry. You can also enjoy other benefits, such as:
- A 10 year, £2000 Snap Secure guarantee*
- A key code card that allows you to order additional or replacement keys from authorised dealers.
- A range of sizes and finishes to suit your door style and preference.
- A choice of ABS high security padlocks which can operate off the same key as your ABS home door keys.
Don't wait until it's too late. Upgrade your door security today with an ABS 3 star diamond rated high security euro cylinder lock and keep your home safe from lock snapping.